Reading and Writing

05:08


Hello folks, I hope you are all well and a merry February to you! A new load of work has been set at uni and I'm getting my research and preparation for creativity on, but at the same time, I have been dreaming a lot. I've spoken about dreaming before and how I like to keep a track of them, but I haven't found the time to write them up in my notebook of dreams, so I'm left with weeks and weeks worth of bizarreness on my phone. Dreams are always so vivid and so crazy that sometimes I know I'm in a dream but the weirdness just carries on like a film in my head.

 One of my new years resolutions was to keep up with writing journals, from my dream journal to starting the notebooks I've been saving for starting a travel journal and my own personal archive of photographers that really get my creative juices flowing. Nevertheless, the need for more hours in the day never goes away, I just have so much that I want to do and everything gets prioritised over my need to write. I'm pretty good at keeping up blog writing (do you want me to do more written posts or is my excessive level of photography posts acceptable? Do let me know) but I also want to use the lovely Paperchase stationary *heart eyes* the mothership of all stationary shops.

I have always been a bit of a book worm, and although lately my book choice has been photography based I love a good fiction novel and have always wanted to write one myself, again, where is the time? A couple bloggers slash youtubers I follow are currently writing and it makes me want to be (cue singing) part of their world. I just want to make stuff, from photos to books and hey why not a photography book while I'm at it? It's always good to dream, even when you;re awake and setting life goals. I guess being a published author is one of my longer term life goals but for this year I really want to work on my own private hardbacks and write about the crazy adventures of sleeping Beky (last night I dreamt my lecturer tried to make me flinch but I saw it coming and then everyone thought I was an invincible force to be reckoned with).

Is there anything you keep track of by writing it down? We're all partial to a selfie, snapchat or instagram to document our daily lives and I'm not one to diss photographic documentation of course, but has the fun of sitting down and using pen and paper died completely? Oh the amount of times I tried to keep a super secret private diary as a kid...

Why not do a little writing this year, it's never to late to start a resolution! Maybe do something as simple as writing moments of the day or week that made your heart smile and keep them in a jar, when the year is through, open it up and read all the best moments of your year. Have fun!


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts