Project 52: January

04:00

Heeeyyy good people I hope you are all well! Already January is drawing to a close and I still don't have a calendar - oops! But I have begun a little project for myself and I've been sticking to it fairly well. It's called Project 52, because there are 52 weeks in a year and the aim of the project is to take a photo a week for a year. So behold my January, I tried to summarise my weeks in a picture but I imagine as I continue to photograph with uni and camera club I might just throw in what I created for that week, nevertheless, January...


In the first week I changed my hair, getting my personal hair-dy-er Chummy to give me a beautiful baylayage (aka blonde ombre) and I am still very much in love with it :) so here's a badly lit selfie to start us off...


The second week involved a LOT of hard work for uni, cramming in a lot of work before the deadline - which I made, and got a good mark for but I pray I learn from this and don't do so much in such short space of time again. I chose a behind the scenes type shot for the second week because it was spontaneous and interesting, me using the prop to look at the ever so glamorous model in his lovely braces. But if you would like to see my series from my uni project let me know and I'll do a blog post about it :)


The third week was pretty rough, I came down ill and lost my voice - it's still gone, oh how I miss it. So this week consisted of being in bed, admiring my lovely windowsill which I completely redecorated somewhat recently (weeks and weeks ago but it still looks lovely and new) and drinking so much warm honey and lemon that my blood probably tastes like honey and lemon... Please don't drink my blood to test this exaggeration!


Onto week 4, the uni routine got back up and running and I had some time to fill up my diary and decided such satisfying (and potentially superficial) organisation deserved to sum up the final week of January. I hope this project not only helps me to document my year (like a vlogger but I'm a blogger - ha) but also helps me creatively and perhaps we might see a bit of an aesthetic revel itself, who knows?

And that is basically what I've been up to this month, Maybe next year I can build up to committing to a photo a day... Maybe. I hope you're excited for some more posts like this every month and hey, why not try it yourself to spark some of your own creativity, get that instagram on fleek ;)



Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts