I Voted!

04:39


Aloha good friends how are you. It's been a bit of a voting week in the UK so, keeping with the times I shall discuss this. A little. Since I was young I went down the road to my primary school and watched my parents vote. They always taught me how important it was, how by voting you were entitled to a voice about how your country was run. My mom and older god sisters always said as I got a little older the importance of females voting because of the suffragette movement and how some ladies died just so I could have my vote. So when the time came that I was old enough to vote, I knew that no matter how confused I was about the whole ordeal, I should go and cross a box like I've never crossed a box before!

I'm not into politics at all and have no idea what's going on. I always pester my friends and family who they would/are voting for. All I want for my country, and for me living in it, is to feel safe and comfortable both financially and physically. A few people I know are quite passionate about their political opinions, particularly the big EU decision. If any of you lovely readers are more politically persuaded than I am do fill me in on basically everything, mainly UK politics please :)

For those of you equally confused about the EU Referendum I have found a little pros and cons list, to help with your decision on Thursday 23rd June.


It's a lot of information to absorb and understand so I shall leave you to decide your own opinion and recommend starting a discussion about it with friends to gage what your peers want for your shared future in the UK. Aswell as lots of online research. Yay for Google! 

Anyway what I really wanted to stress isn't much what political party to vote for but more to at lease vote for somebody. Even if you're as clueless as I am, just put something down if you're elligeable to vote and don't waste any opportunity. You have the chance as an adult to try and make your home a better place so why turn down that offer? Especially you ladies, without getting all feminist on your arses, please vote so those women who sacrificed so much back in the 1900s weren't wasting their time and effort. 

Take care, and please don't be too harsh and stubborn when voicing your opinions, everyone has one and sometimes it will disagree with yours so just accept it and be true to yourself. 


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts