Happy New Year

06:23


Hello hello hello and how has your first week of 2017 been for you? I hope it has been positive. Tacky, but after a wonky end to 2016 I have decided to partake in "new year new me" - how successful such changes will be is another matter. This "new me" hopes to be more active in 2017, both with fitness and my participation in university, no matter how much I still dislike it.

So far this first week I have changed my hair (oh my such changes I'm wild) but hey I wanted to have a little fun with it as I miss the purple, I haven't gone quite so bright, simply getting a full fringe cut back in and a baylayage by my talented personal hair dye-er [x]. I've also planned a number of shoots for my uni project and joined Tip Top's camera club, in the hopes I can find and define my photography style if I set myself up to do as much of it as possible, both on my own at uni and with my beloved Tip Top gang.

I have also been trying to work on my relationships with others, which have fallen on "hard times" as it were. I've had a few deep talks with two close friends who also agreed to go for frequent walks in an attempt to keep moving and have long chats to not bottle things up for months on end, which I am so guilty for. I've had an awful winter, feeling so out of sorts and often hibernating in bed all day, lacking the motivation to do so much as get up to pee or eat, let alone do my work or get out the house and be social - I am more than ready to get out of this rut and feel more creatively inspired and chirpier in general. Sigh.

I have been easy on myself in terms of setting resolutions however, aspiring to somewhat "simple" and certainly achievable tasks, including clearing out the cupboards in my bedroom which are overflowing with crap, and after a flash vision of storing my DVDs in there, I feel much more motivated to have a much less jam packed space. Right up to learning to drive - yep, still haven't started that yet, oops. I feel lost for time when learning to drive, I don't know when I would fit it, or even a job in my schedule of university, which isn't too packed but has priority of my time as a lot needs to be done out of class. I do know the importance of driving and working and I want to do both but I feel trapped by the commitment to university - argh!

Today I came across a video of a cute little girl, talking about new years resolutions... [xxx] in which she tells everyone that change is okay, but doesn't happen in one big moment and rather in thousands of little moments. Please, give it a watch and don't be too hard on yourself this year, your best IS good enough.

Of course among my resolutions is to continue blogging - I've even planned a post I really want to share and a couple long term personal projects, one you will see each month this year and another spanning - forever! [hint]

Do share your resolutions, they may inspire others. I wish you all the best, take care my dears and a happy new year to you all.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts