So I've Been MIA...

01:41

Hey-o, I'm not sure anybody has even noticed but I haven't blogged for a few weeks but I have good reason. My last post I thought was awful, and it's not the first time I've thought one of my blog posts was a complete waste of my time writing, and your time reading - hey maybe you didn't even finish reading. But I decided not to force some content out of me every Saturday as I want to stop writing rubbish posts just to keep up with the "every Saturday" schedule - a schedule I made for myself and can just as easily take away from myself, which I think I will do so that I can be happy with whatever I do post on here.

I wanted to start by filling in the blanks of my Projects 52 posts, and giving you visual summaries of my weeks the past month (June and July in this case), but those blanks are ones I cannot fill, and again I'm not forcing it just for the sake of it. Perhaps next year I will try again - possibly even just one photo for the whole month, I don't know. I wanted it to keep me taking pictures but as I learn every summer, having an academic schedule to keep me running helps massively and I barely even get out of bed let alone get out, and get creative, which is what I really want to do.

Photography takes up a lot of my identity as a whole, people know and refer to me as "the picture taker" of the group as it were. Don't get me wrong I like that but I want to take it seriously and get more out of it but to do so I need to get outside and take my camera with me - a task just a little too large for people like me who need mental preparation to get up early and make themselves presentable for such outdoor activities. But I want my blog to be a little more than just photography - those are the posts I feel are the worst, so I need to take more time out in order to conjure up something worthwhile.

I still want to be more than a photographer though, I still want to blog and I want to take that seriously too. I want to go to events and connect and really be a part of this platform rather than just ramble to seemingly nobody. I see that people look at my blog from the stats, but lack of comments puts a downer on my confidence of my own page as I don't know what you want to read about from me or even what you do read is any good. I've always wanted to be an author for as long as I could read, I wanted to have my own musings among the things I read myself and in July I got back in touch with my bookworm side (as I often do in all the free time of summer holidays) which made me want to write even more. I'm a little embarrassed to say (no idea why) that I want to write novels and I already have two ideas brewing in my head and in a notebook that I am slowly brainstorming in, but blogging is different.

I want to say that I will cut my posing to once a month, with extras if I have it, again on a Saturday but I don't know which point in the month. It may well be what I've managed to get out and photograph that month, but as I say, I want to write about more than just photography and appeal to more people as well as keeping it hashtag fresh. Do follow me on twitter (@BekLouKat) as I'll be tweeting if I have a post lined up and links to said post when I'm ready to be posting.

I think that's all I have to say, if you have any questions do comment them and I'll be sure to answer to fill in any gaps I may have missed. I'll see you when I see you.

Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts