Bucket Listing...

03:14

Good morning good people and how are you today? Well, I hope. This week I began making a list... A bucket list. I have no idea why it's called "bucket list" but if you didn't know, it's "a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime." I did this because I have a few empty notebooks, sitting and waiting to be filled with the words of the English language, one of them looks like this:


And I figured... why not fill it with MY master plan, aka my bucket list. Granted, I have ticked some things off my mental bucket list already but I hope to still write them down so I have the satisfaction of crossing them off. I never used to write lists, if I did it would be in the notes on my phone, but now I've quite taken to grabbing a sticky note or piece of paper to make lists. Be it reminders (which my forgetful brain constantly needs) or simply letting myself know what my priorities are, such as which uni task needs to be done first followed by blog ideas for example. Even sometimes my shopping list, which is always whipped out in Bodycare after I make a U turn for a basket and collecting my soaps etc. Slight tangent, but I encourage you to start listing things with pen and paper, that why they are always in your face rather than tucked away and forgotten on your phone.


I have shown you a type of bucket list before: My Travel Bucket List, and the things I want to tick off my list most is travelling so that I can take pictures of beautiful places, but most of all experience things. Like going to Africa just to see my favourite animal; Giraffes. god damn they're so majestic. Of course I've seen them in zoos before but I want to see them on their own ground, undisturbed, being all majestic and shit. This is the first page in my "Master Plan". Followed by going to Canada with my dad so we can watch an ice hockey game where the sport started off. We like to see our local team play every now and then and it's a thing we've gotten quite into, it would be pretty cool to go to a much bigger rink with lots more people - and of course getting a cheeky Canadian ice hockey jersey to match.

A few other things I've listed is things I want to own like a car and a house, quite a step down from going to two different continents but sometimes, it's the seemingly simple things that leave an impact, and this would feel like quite the achievement for me. But a lot of what I want to do is travel and take pictures... I have "experienced" London a few times now and I love the city a lot. I've been on school trips to art galleries, media lectures and plays (Benedict Cumberbatch as Hamlet is great when you understand the language), wandering the streets with friends and I still remember exploring it for the first time with my family before going to see Russell Howard film his TV show (Series 8, Episode 6 if you're curious).


One thing I haven't done in London though is take my camera, so I would like to explore more, perhaps even re-visit some places I've been before where I've spotted little treasures and thought "that would make a good photo if I had my camera". I'd love to do some more street and documentary photography as I enjoyed photographing a protest in Birmingham a couple weeks ago.


Speaking of my lifelong love affair with photography, I'm dreaming big and hope to publish a book of my photography one day. (If you can read the page on the left it says "write a novel" so I hope to have a book one way or another) I've always been into books, more so when I was younger, I would always have one on me in case I got bored enough to take myself away from whatever the adults were doing and stick my nose into another world. More recently I've read quite a few photographic books and have really enjoyed some of them! A couple friends once said they believed I could achieve that so why not share their belief aye?

As well as encouraging you to make lists once in a while, I want to encourage your own hopes and dreams for yourself. From owning particular books or buildings to going on an adventure or becoming a household name, you are allowed to dream and to want to tick them off when they've become reality. So, make a cheeky bucket list now and take yourself to your goals, and happily cross off reading your favourite bloggers post for the week while you're at it ;)


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x



PS, take a look over there under the follow me header >>>
I now have a photography Facebook page and it would mean a lot if you could check it out and give it a like. There's photos on there that haven't been blogged so it's something new for you eyeballs and I will try to keep it updated with what I'm snapping.
I've also started keeping up with the Instagrams lately so check that out too!
Xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts