Cleanse

11:47

Well hi there strangers. I do hope I still have an audience and that you're all well. Lately I've been having skin troubles in the face region - which I often do, and it often gets me even more down about my face than usual. Anyway I've been hunting for cleansers that will help heal my skin and keep it spot, eczema and redness free and the long hunt for such a kind-to-my-problem-skin cleanser made me think about the other things I've been "cleansing" in my life generally.

I want to get back to blogging again, with no strict rules - I've always written about whatever I wanted and will continue to do so, posting only when I have something with meaning and purpose, so it's worth you sitting down to read (and me sitting down to write). I also don't know when I'll be posting, if I'll write something up when I'm in the mood and save it for the good ol' Saturday, or just hit publish -  nevertheless it won't be strictly weekly, it will be as and when, but hopefully worth any waits.

I've even hidden a few posts that I just couldn't stand because of their poor quality when I rushed out a post for the sake of being weekly. As a sort of cleanse for my blog I wanted to come back knowing that those posts can no longer be seen and I can't be brought to any shame for publishing such forced nonsense. Perhaps I should go all out and start all over again with a fresh slate. Maybe a brave step for another time...

I've also done a bit of cleansing of "stuff", really just bits of clothes and toys in my brother's room to help him clear his own space up as he was really going for it and I have a corner of space for myself in his room as mine doesn't have the space - it's not that I have that much stuff honestly, my wardrobe lives in his room, which is another thing we both plan on cleansing together pretty soon too. After helping him clean up his room it's made me want to do the same with mine, except I've got it into my head that spiders live under my bed inbetween all the old toys crammed under there so I'm quite hesitant to get started to be honest.

Meanwhile, I've been trying a bit of a digital cleanse. My most recent photography project investigated hyper-connectivity and telepresence which made me look at my own use of digital things. Perhaps that's a blog post in itself I can explain deeper, but I certainly want to continue photographing the subject. Anyway I felt compelled to detach myself from my phone a bit more and I realised all I use it for is to call and text my dad and brother and scroll endlessly when I have nothing better to do, so I turned off a lot of notification sounds and banners to help me look at it less so I can "live in the moment".

It's probably all a bit of a pretentious ideal that I want to make a big project out of really. We're too involved with screens (she says, writing on a screen) and I wanted to make myself step back from mine, get a bit of perspective and detach myself from being so reliant/dependant on something that I don't actually use all that much - we all know I'm not a social person but I really rarely get any notifications it's almost sad.

Anyway, I'm cleansed (and still cleansing) and I feel like I've almost over-used this analogy for one little blog post so I'll end with some encouragement for you to do some spring cleaning of your own. It always grows into a bigger task because it leads you to wanting to clean out more things, be it your Facebook friends list or the cupboard under the stairs but it always feels so good afterwards.


Cheerio,
Beky

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts