Dreams and Goals #4 : Office

06:57

 
The most exciting thing I can think of about moving out and getting your own place is imagining decorating the space as your own. I crave to have my own study room/office where I can sit down and be productive. A room for writing, drawing and editing.  I couldn't find a picture I really liked to use for todays blog post so I edited this one myself from my pinterest board "interior".

I imagine my office as having a nice wooden desk facing out the window for all my daydreaming needs, with an entire wall as a book case (although looking at this picture how cool would it be to have shelves wrap around the whole room! Scratch that, I'm short so that wouldn't work). Maybe a hard wood floor so I have maximum potential for speed on my spinning desk chair. And my guitar hung up on a wall somewhere with a couple motivating life quotes.

My dad made me a desk out of my old bed in my room, although because of lack of space in there I never really used it for its true purpose. So I migrated to the dining table until it got clogged up with a mass pile of stuff. When my brother temporarily moved down to Portsmouth for his apprenticeship I took over his giant desk in his room. Which served me very well until he came back and reclaimed his room. And so I'm back to the dining table, which has formed a pile of my working stuff and a small assortment of dads (lets face it) crap around the edge, with just the right amount of clear space for me to do my homework and sit and have some laptop time when I can.

I'm not most fond of change and the prospect of having to fend for myself and my own shelter is terrifying but I'm sort of comforted by the fact that I will have it looking just the way I want it to. I absolutely crave to be able to design and decorate my own study room. I'd be too overwhelmed with excitement with having my own place to decorate just for myself to be nervous about the spending costs on making it look just right. I'd probably most definitely blow my budget too fast!

So tell me, what room are you (or were you) most excited to decorate when you get your hands on your own house or flat?


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts