Teenagehood #3 : Pressures.

08:18


We all have some kind of pressure on us as teenagers from a handful of people. Exam season is the worst for pressure. You're trying to revise and keep the information in your head until after the exam while simultaneously keeping on top of chores and whatever is in our watch later list and still spending time with your friends and family so your social life and relationships are healthy. And quite frankly all this pressure makes you want to flop and sleep.

We all say at the start of every term how we will do the homework as soon as it's set. Revise in every free period and do the chores as soon as we get in so we can spend the rest of the day doing, well nothing much at all. But lets face it we don't, and we end up rushing it all last minute. I'm literally rushing this right now so I can do the washing up before dad gets home and then put my clothes away before my friends come round so we can go to town and mEET CARRIE FRICKIN FLETCHER...

Ahem, yes, so we are all rushing our tasks and then it doesn't really get done properly and we haven't been enjoying ourselves because while we are procrastinating on the internet or watch a film or reading a book or doing every thing but what we are supposed to be doing, we are thinking about doing the work, saying "okay, just one more" or "when it's 5pm I will start" and when we look at the clock its 5:02 and we've broken our promise so we set another one to start at 6.

You can relieve some pressure by just bloody doing the thing! and then doing everything else later. Granted there are never enough hours in the day but make the most of the ones you have but never sacrifice sleep for anything, no matter who you might upset. If you're tired and it's way past your bedtime (can you tell i'm excited to meet Carrie omg) then sleep my dears sleep! you can finish it tomorrow at some point and if not, then "I needed my sleep" should really be a reasonable excuse shouldn't it?

Okay now I'm off to do some of my chores so I can relax and enjoy meeting Miss Fletcher (I am fangirling so hard inside right now)


Cheerio my busy bees - and good luck if you're in need of it, I'm sure you'll be fine you boss ass bitch you ;)  - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts