Attractiveness #3 : What Is Fashion

14:33



The worst thing about sixth form - or if you're American, school in general - is having to choose a new, clean, decent outfit everyday. I personally would like at least 5 pullover hoodies for each day of the week. Or maybe ten, 5 with the day of the week on and 5 normal, less embarrassing designs.

I usually decide my outfits by my mood and how comfortable I am wearing what I choose. "how many fucks do I give about what I wear today", "do I want to be stylish or comfortable today" are two questions I probably ask my reflection daily. I don't have a full length mirror and I can't see my whole outfit I don't know why I go on my tiptoes to try and see my clothing choice for the day but I do. I feel like if you have to hesitate and investigate your outfit, change. Change and go for something different or go completely casual and comfy.

Miranda Hart is something of a "spirit animal" to me I feel. She's hilarious and I agree with so many things she says. Great woman, five star. Anyway in reference to the picture, fuck what people think of your clothes, at least you're comfortable and not naked right? As long as it fits what's the problem. Dress to your personal fashion style and what you like, don't go along with what's "in" and what everyone else is wearing just because it's popular. If it suits you, if it fits you, if your comfy, if you feel good in it, wear it.  Put it on your beautiful body and be beautiful in your pretty clothes. 

I've never been into fashion or "in fashion", I just wore what I liked. Recently I've been feeling like I need to regenerate my wardrobe to suit my grown up self. Admittedly, I haven't actually done much to sell or even give away my stuff so I can go back out and buy things I prefer to replace it so I feel happier in my clothes as my taste in fashion changes. I've always thought if I was comfortable and felt good in my clothes, my confidence would grow as I didn't care what others thought of my wardrobe.

What does it matter what someone else thinks, everyone will have their own preferences in clothes so will have different opinions on what looks good or not. The only person you have to impress is you. It's you looking back at yourself in the mirror, it's you wearing the damn clothes, it's you strutting down that catwalk and if you feel good, you look good. It shows through your attitude. Maybe they're looking for inspiration for their own wardrobe because damn you pretty. You can make it look good, so don't worry. 

Cheerio my beauties - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts