Attractiveness #2 : Hair and Make Up

08:36


People seem to think that the way you wear you hair and apply yor make up is what defines you as beautiful. Some people feel confident with extensions and powders while others are just as confident without. It is a hobby not just for girls, guys can be into hair and make up just as much as a woman can, it's a passion that everyone holds to a different degree. 

Personally, I can't live without mascara but can go a couple days without foundation or even concealer. I'm trying to grow my hair long, grow out the layers my younger, adventurous self had cut in but older self would prefer she didn't. I always have it up in a pony tail, nothing fancy apart from the occasional bow or hat. I'll sometimes leave it curly or straighten it but sooner or later I think "fuck it" and hoist it up into a bobble. 

Even with a pretty simple day-to-day appearance, I feel comfortable and confident and can leave the house happy with how I look. And others will feel just as confident with enhancements of their natural beauty, what I like to call, war paint, the paint you put on your face to face the cruel world with. 

And there are so many wars about make up and hair styles, like what is "in" and what is "out". Ombré is in and hair-less eyebrows are out. Choppy layers are out and contouring is in. That's probably not even true I don't keep up with what is in and what is out because I don't really care, who does? Nobody wants to do a Hokey Cokey with the media and their favourite hair and make up products. 

So use all the products to create yourself. Enhance your natural beauty, fill in the gaps, experiment and cover up, do whatever you damn well please in order to make yourself comfortable. (And if it fucks up your skin Nivea moisturiser is amazing just to throw that out there I'm not sponsored but gosh darn it is good) 
 
 
Cheerio my beauties - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts