25 Part 2: Dear Mom...

08:52

[x]
Not much has happened within a month, bit odd it's been two in a row with a Saturday the 25th... Well, I've completed another module of uni and I think I feel okay about it - I haven't got my grade back yet but I feel I'm getting better nonetheless, despite the long list of improvements I know I still have to make. Hopefully my lecturers won't dwell on them in feedback and I can just continue to remember the mistakes I now need to learn from. I guess it's been quite a photography orientated month - well life is getting more and more photography based full stop but I'm okay with that.

I've just done some spring cleaning and reclaimed a cupboard which I have half dedicated to all my photography related stuff so now they have a special safe place that isn't just on the front room floor (which I also tidied up a bit too) although now I have even more bags of old crap I don't want that is filling up said front room. Me and Alex are constantly on dad's back about his "flat surface syndrome" as you called it, not letting us actually get rid of these bags of things neither of us want. It almost feels wrong to clear out the house and tidy it as it will probably look so different you won't recognise it if you came through the door. But if it was left a mess you'd certainly fling the bags out the door with such force they'd fly to the tip.

I had a great but intense studio shoot on my own this month too, with Amy and Jess to help and they loved it so I think I'll recruit them again. I got a lot of different images but I'm absolutely going to book the studio with more time in advance so I don't have to rush it so much! I also had my first photography exhibition with a few classmates - not with my new friends which was even more nerve wracking! But they are nice people so it was fine and I felt very proud of the event as there was a great turnout and Evie C, Gilligan and Ryan came too which was unexpected but lovely!

Me and dad went to the Photography Show again - I think it will be our own NEC outing - I still remember always going to the festive gift fair with you, although I loved it I haven't been since, it just won't be the same. Plus we have so many ornaments it still escapes me how you managed to put them all up every year! The photo show was good though - although I did get a bit overwhelmed by the crowds a couple times. We got a few bits and bobs which I'm very excited about - dad even got himself his own camera, a second hand DSLR which is the same model as mine. Oh the trend setter that I am!

I photographed Mr and Mrs Bates' surprise wedding anniversary party which was hosted by Amy, who did an amazing job and even got dad to be Elvis! I can just hear your laugh now... It's really difficult doing parties because the lighting is so bad but it makes me enjoy the party more when I can wander around and photograph, particularly when I don't really have someone to cause trouble with or the social confidence to find someone new to talk to. They said I'm definitely doing the right thing because they didn't even notice me taking photos - which is good I guess, not getting in the way. And Clare was very pleased with her photos I took at hers and Leo's birthdays which I put onto disk for them.

Speaking of Mrs Bates and Clare I have written them both, and Jacqui, a godmothers day card each for tomorrow. I don't see them all much but when I do it's always lovely - you made a good choice in godparents for me and Alex. I always hate the emails from shops I'm a loyal customer to about mothers day offers and I've never deleted anything quicker - as well as that punch in the face when you walk past a card shop, they're so extra! But for some reason this year I decided to appreciate what I do have and got a beautiful card for the three of them and wished them a happy Sunday. I know you wouldn't mind me spreading some "motherly" love as I still remember you telling me how I would "go from having one mother to lots of mothers" as they would join forces to support me - all of us - through the illness and you are always right, I only wish I had my most important mommy too...

Cheerio mama - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts