Underwear Photoshoot

05:25

I was most excited to go back to Tip Top two Sundays in a row for a photoshoot I didn't hesitate to go. But when I got there and Steve said it was underwear I got a little nervous. I'd never done anything like this before, and I was nervous about how nervous I'd act in the room with the model - where to sand or where to look. But by the time came and I stepped into the first set I totally just went into professional photographer mode and the only things on my mind were the frame, the rule of thirds and "please God Beky look where you're standing don't fall backwards or trip!" You'll be pleased to know I kept looking behind me and down at where my feet were going when repositioning myself for shots so I didn't go arse over tit.

I only stayed for approximately half the whole shoot as I still wanted to go to watch the ice hockey but I'm so impressed with how professional I felt and the shots I got - which the model Becky Holt said she loved, and Steve reassured me how straight forward she is and she'd bluntly say if she didn't like something. I'd have loved to stay the whole time to see what the rest of the sets were like but none the less I'm very pleased with what I have.

Becky's tattoo's were also a new thing for me to photograph and were beautifully amazing against the white bedsheets, which helped her stand out all the more, even in the ever beautiful black and white.


Becky's hair was also gorgeous and reminded me of my bright purple days. I love how hers slightly fades at the tips. 

I also admired the way she kept a mirror in front of her during the shoot so she could pose perfectly each time and keep her general appearance well, leaving nothing to have to photoshop out which made editing very quick and easy.


I love this set because of how much the bright underwear, her hair and ink stand out against the white surroundings, really focusing all of the attention on Becky. Here I tried bringing out more blue tones to help make the tattoo ink pop as the pink hair and red underwear stood out so much already.

This shot is one of my most favourites because I just feel like everything has come together well, the natural light from the windows behind me lighting up everything perfectly and the way the whole frame is used, ooh go me.
Still in the bedroom we moved onto some standing shots by the wall. I loved the wall paper here because of the texture, yet the colour is still dull enough to maintain focus on Becky.

Since the wall was next to the windows the contrast was much more significant, which I quite liked, bringing something a little different to the composition.

Next we moved to the room just outside the bedroom which had three different wallpapers on. I love these shots because of how bright and beautiful everything is, really emphasising the patterns of Becky's tattoo's.
I always say how much I love the colours within a photo, anything with bright colours really stands out to me before I pull out a camera so this set was really interesting to do.

In this shot I decided to make the background black and white so that the colours of her hair, tattoos and bra really stood out and things were a little less busy.

During the editing of this shoot I quite liked to increase the sharpness of things so that the details of Becky's tattoos really stood out. The fact that she was in underwear really showed off her tattoos so I sort of made that the focus of this shoot.
I admired the way Becky would pause and say to herself "What new can I do" before holding different poses, and hearing Steve and another photographer say how she really knows her stuff shows how she's such a pro.

I decided to take a few shots on the other wall which was more black and white, allowing Becky to stand out more naturally against the wall.

The last set I did was on the white curve in the main studio, first with a white wicker chair which I liked because it added texture like the bedroom wall but still blended in to the white background and made Becky stand out.

I also liked the change of outfit with this set too to change up the shots I was left with a little more. The beautiful statement necklace tying together the colour of her hair and underwear, finishing off the look perfectly.

I loved getting some full length shots which showed off her leg tattoos aswell. With this shot I tilted it to spice things up a bit as I simply shot this straight as I could manage, leaving future editing me to get creative with the angles.

I always like to get a range of portrait and landscape orientations during shoots, so that I'm left with an array of different shots that offer something new each time, other than the posing.
I love this straight on shot, with Becky's tattoos filling the bottom half while her jewellery and bright pink hair brighten up the top half of the image. These are the shots I showed to Becky as I brought the fur coat over to her and she said she loved - que trying not to blush before I reassume my position to take shots with the coat on.

I love the texture the fur coat brings to these images, this black and white photo I feel really brings out this texture aswell as the details of the necklace and her arm tattoos. And those cheekbones - damn!
Again I loved capturing Becky's leg tattoos with this full length shot. There's something so classic about shooting on a plain white background with a studio flash.

I would have loved to stay longer and take more photos in the different sets as I loved all the ones I had done and was very proud of what I got out of them. I'd also like to thank Becky for making my first underwear shoot experience a good one, her laid back and friendly attitude making me more comfortable and now more open to another shoot like this in the future.
I am most excited for my next shoot with Tip Top, it's always a good experience when ever I see them and every time I leave I eagerly await the next hello. I fall in love with the photoshoot and blogging process more every time. My photography blog posts I feel are my best, I can talk about photos easily and I grow more proud of the outcome every time I try.

Like always do share your own photography with me or any other photo keen bloggers you follow so I can check them out.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts