Photography #12 : Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

05:32

I'm not the most festive person, I guess since my mom  passed away the magic of Christmas went with her. She'd deck the halls and assemble the tree, and when we got home from Christmas Eve mass she'd get up Norad's Santa tracker so we could all watch him edge ever closer to the UK before running up to bed to sleep in order for him to cram gifts under the tree. These past Christmasses have been failry mellow. It's been me who decorated her pride and joy of the tree - I'm very glad I was starting to get into it and she taught me her ways of tree decorating.
 
Thinking about it, it's enormously strange. We either chop down a tree, or put up a fake version of it just to put in our houses and put ornaments on it. My dad likes watching me decorate the tree, making contented sighs at me, an almost shadow of my mother, doing some of the things she did and being "just like your mother". I like hearing that, it reminds me she's never completely gone and I'm doing well at keeping her alive somewhat.
 
Anyway, lets get a bit festive... Feel free to put on a Christmas song while you admire my lovely photos. I have taken just a few photos of the many tree ornaments we own, they can't even all fit on the tree!
 
I went for a classic look for my wrapping this year and I'm in love with it! Brown paper packages tied up with (string, these are a few of my favourite things) red ribbon. And I've ditched the cards and written what I would have written in them on the paper with a glittery green pen - oh so festive.

I put the 3 wise men in a collage to fit them all nicely in this blog post because I took one in portrait and the other two in landscape. Mom loved these 3 ornaments and I really hope I've done them justice in their glittery robes and proud tiny faces.

She also loved this tall lady. Her dress is shaped like a bell and she's holding a chain of miniature bells. I can never pinpoint why mom loved her so much, her slender, dainty figure or all the glitter - maybe both :)
This is one of my favourite ladies on the tree, my dancing fairy :)
Another ornament I chose. Me and mom would go to the gift fair every year to shop around for presents and ornaments. This is a bauble I chose form there one year, I remember being pleased with myself for finding one mom loved just as much as I did.
I love lots of the snowmen on the tree, they're just so cute!


I love this tiny guy doing a backflip into the tree.
Some more pretty characters on the tree...


Possibly my favourite Santa on the tree because he's so frickin jolly he's swinging a tree around his head!
We have two of these bells and I think they're really festive and cute, especially with the ribbon.
I love love love this beautiful glass bauble with a tree inside it, so beautiful!
As always, let me know which ones are your favourites and feel free to @ me on twitter or instagram so I can see some of your Christmassy snaps too. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas week and remember there's more to the day than presents. Like the Christmas dinner - oh my god YUM! And family fun, whack out those board games and DVDs and enjoy yourself.

Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The tall lady holding the bells was bought on holiday in Cornwall from bostcastle the year after the floods. From the craziest menagerie of a shop / bazaar / antiques emporium run by two very nice gentlemen who were camper than Christmas itself

    ReplyDelete

Labels

recent posts