Photography #7 : Wales Part 2, Rhossili

04:18


Hello all! These next 4 weeks will be jam packed with photography posts before we have a little break and I get back to writing about positive... stuff before bombarding you with more photos again.
 
These are from Rhossili. A forever windy place I've been many times before but only realised on this particular visit that an episode of Doctor Who was filmed there! Only from my favourite doctor and companion - it was as if the glass had been shattered and I couldn't believe I didn't realise it before. I went upstairs in the shop to see a photography exhibition and found a board with a collection of behind the scenes images, which looked  little bit like this.
 
After that we (me, my dad, his cousin and her husband - who are also my godparents - and their 3 kids) took the longest walk around the top of the cliff and then down to the beach and these are my favourite photos I took from many on the first day out.
 
 
This was from inside the shop. I love pictures like this that show the raindrops on the window with the scenery sitting in the background. And yes, it's Wales, of course it was raining!

But by the end of our day it soon brightened up. This shows Worm's Head, a popular sight at Rhossili, which you can walk over to and walk along right to the tip on a good day when the tide is out long enough. 
 


There are always loads of sheep roaming around on the clifftops without a care in the world. And you can walk up pretty close to them and they don't mind, but I used my biggest zoom to take photos of them as I didn't want to get in their way.

I often took sneaky pictures of my cousins. I just enjoyed how they messed around with each other and made the scene look fun and natural - sometimes making a nice photo :) thanks guys, I hope you don't mind.
 
Welsh is such an odd language - I love it though, and the accent!


I love these photos, I turned around and just liked the look of the footprints in the sand and the texture of it. Simple but wonderful.

Colin, my godfather, brought out his kites and offered dad a go... as you can tell by these pictures, he had a whale of a time and refused to cross the boarder back into England without one of his own.



And that is Rhossili! I do love it but gosh darn is it a lot of walking! - If you ever go, bring a book, comfy shoes and a coat. And a camera while you're at it, why not ;)

Here's the first part to my Wales photography fiasco! And keep your beautiful eyes peeled for more photos next week...


Cheerio loved ones, Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts