Project 52: April

09:25

Hey hey hey! I hope you're all well. I'm actually so bad at project 52, I always forget about it! But I'm so determined to try throughout the year, I don't want give up when I don't have a particularly interesting week or forget to the point I have nothing for that week. But here we go... this is April...


Firstly (ha) I got a first in my third university module, which I don't want to brag about or show off but I'm insanely proud of the achievement - I still need to get my hands on my prints and memory stick from this project so I can be reunited with my work, but like most things I keep forgetting. My memory is tragic.


As I hinted at the start, I don't remember anything happening this week, other than some quality time with my bro... And I sort of cheated by using this image I took much more recently, but I remember spending time with him in this second week of April, particularly going for a walk and sticking a sticky plant onto his back and snapchatting his oblivious-ness this green hitchhiker.


In the third week it was camera club meet again and the plan was to go to West Bromwich and photograph their large St George's Day parade. It didn't go to plan but I still loved the images I got from it... You can see them all [here].


Finally, week four and I began shooting for my current project, where I am experimenting with photography in both techniques and subject matters and self portraits (which is much easier said than done, let me tell you) to convey grief. I am doing this because it's almost and "issue" how little is spoken about grief, but in showing how I deal with it and who I am grieving, I'm trying to bring it to the surface and make people think about love and loss. In this self portrait I'm holding up a dead bunch of my mom's favourite flowers, alstroemerias.

I'll possibly share more of this project once it's complete - I've shot loads but haven't had time to edit a single thing! In the meantime, take care, and a merry week to you!


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts