St George's Day Parade

05:32


Hey-o! Last weekend me and my dad went to West Bromwich to see their huge St George's Day Parade - which me missed by trying to drive to the end and avoid walking but got detoured and really rather lost. But that's okay, it was still a nice day with my papa. We both took our cameras and each got some good shots, so here are mine...


I call this "Man With Red Face Looks At White Horses"- I like this hint of the colours in St George's flag.


And of course it isn't a St George - patron saint of England - parade without Scotsmen (and women) in kilts playing bagpipes...



As I was trying to get a shot of the mass of people marching away from us up the hill (as you can see below) This guy walked right in my shot but I still kind of like it, I think his patriotic outfit helps.



When we managed to re-join the parade (as they were coming to the finishing point) dad spotted this guy sat on the wall taking photos... so he got his photo taken too.


Remember those horses? They looked beautiful. And even the flowers were in on the red and white...


I was really glad it was such a beautiful day to wander around a town I don;t think I've ever been to before - although if I have I'm SO unfamiliar with. It made the day more enjoyable despite spending maybe too much of it in the car wondering where the heck I am.



Then we spent some time in the park which was littered with bad entertainment, but interesting people to photograph...


Including this guy on a homemade war spitfire, just shilling with his mate and er... world renowned photographer Martin Parr having his lunch.



English flags. English flags everywhere...


Waiting for my English mate in my English fashion...



I found it odd how there's little fuss over St George's day in England and people are much more excited about St Patrick's day, but the sense of patriotism here was powerful and I somewhat admired people for being so proud to be English.



Even some of the dogs were kitted out in red and white. I think the dogs were my favourite part, especially Rocky and Pippa the extremely fluffy huskies.


THEY'RE SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!!



There were also a parade of bikers at the front of the march - which me missed in full action - but while they were chilling out, displaying their motorbikes I enjoyed looking at all their cool-ness.




There was a stand of loads of cool vintage clothes - but these shoes certainly stole the show! Very Austin Powers me thinks.


Before we left, I wanted a shot of all this carnage outside the overflowing pub just outside Dartmouth Park, a perfect summary of typical English-ness. And with that, I bid you adeu.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts