Wales 2016, Day 2&3

04:30

Well hi-diddily-i my friends and how are you? I'm feeling pretty chipper, it's a sunny day, I look a mess and I have another holiday on the horizon that I am immensely excited for. I do have another photography based post for you next week that I've had saved and ready to post while I'm away so do not fret, the blog lives on! Following on from last week's post, these are the last two days of my Wales trip so grab a brew and enjoy!


Day two began at the ass crack of dawn as my insomniac self awoke with no sign of more sleep (although I did succumb to three naps during the day) However, after I gave in to wakefulness and saw the orange hue of the sky I grabbed my camera to sit down behind the curtains, snapping away while Eve still slept. 




Although the bright orange sky over the sea was gorgeous, I began to get more creative with my shots looking out the large, aged window with a nice cup of hot chocolate.





After everyone else had awoken and we'd had a yummy cooked breakfast we headed out to hunt for a beach to admire as the weather was warm and sunny.


We drove past a couple of busy beaches until we decided to try Port Eynon, which wasn't too busy so we could enjoy the pleasant atmosphere. After we all devoured a bag of seaside chips we wandered around on the sand dunes where it was very windy and had a cheeky little shooting sesh, in which everyone had a go at photographing yours truly.


It was so nice to bring a buddy on this short holiday as I could get some girly chat and all of us could have maximum lols - as they say, the more the merrier. It's also such a pleasure that my friends get on so well with my family. I can't wait to go somewhere else with a friend or two and my camera, I love capturing the fun I have with those guys.
It was very different to be on the other side of the camera because I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself but it is quite nice to have images of me somewhere as proof I too enjoyed this holiday as much as everyone else I have captured.

Much hair very wind...



I really like this photo because I remember my mom taking similar ones of me and my brother like this when we were pubescent and I remember her loving that photo very much.

I also REALLY love this photo of me and Eve. It pretty much captures our friendship, full of laughter and her being a koala on me. 
The lads admiring the view...

I really love this photo so much, it's very difficult to snap a bee while he's busy working but he managed to stay still long enough for me to get this perfectly sharp photo and I'm very pleased with it.
I'm not sure where we were heading but I realised we were heading up Fairy Hill and I asked to stop at the top so I could take pictures of the view, to our surprise the wild horses were also at the top of the hill so we all stood for a while and watched them wander about, even coming right up to us - I had an infant follow me for a little while after I took pictures of him.

I heard a chorus of "Beky!" from behind me so I turned around and saw what everyone else did and managed to seize this oppourtunity...
While the lads got out the kite, Eve and I sat down in the distance and chatted and yes, took selfies. After which I thought we could get creative and take this interesting shot.
In the evening we walked to another seashore in Swansea town but on our way we came across these balls. Thinking of this shot in my head I stopped, took off my lens cap and said "right who's gonna go and balance on a big ball", thankfully dad obliged and we all lolled at his posing that luckily didn't go tits up.
The sunset looked beautiful this night and I think bonfires on the beach are aesthetic af so of course I got cheeky and pointed my camera in the general direction of this little family.
The lads, still admiring large bodies of water.
Alex took his tired self back to the hotel while I wanted to squeeze in a few snaps of the arcade lights at night before we left. I have before won two keyrings at this arcade but we got there close to shutting time so didn't play on any of the machines. 



Such lights, very bokeh.




A wild Eve appears...

I really loved these neon lights, they reminded me of my fave Brandon Woelfel and I'd love to shoot some more if I get the chance.

And that concludes the second day. We only visited the markets on the third day so I didn't get many photos so I shall just throw them in here for you...

There is a large wall with this painted on in Swansea town which I really like because it's rather aesthetic.

Inside the large indoor market Eve brought my attention to this quaint sweet stall, which was irresistibly vintage-esque so I walked around it and snapped away.



The best part of the market: fresh Welsh cakes. NOM!

After Welsh cakes were bought we headed outside to eat lunch in front of a large screen broadcasting the Olympics, but I stopped to take some photos of the water features before sitting to join the others.


I liked having this pigeon as a subject while I played with shutterspeed against the water.
 And that concludes our trip to Wales. I do hope you enjoyed and let me know which images you love most or if you yourself have been to Wales. I love it as it's full of nostalgia and it's quite the happy place for me. Tell me where your happy holiday place is.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts