Feeling Numb

07:57


Again I feel lost for words this week, I say time and time again how I feel better when I have pictures to present to the world (and here is a rough edit from a shoot I literally just did for my next uni project) because I have something to say when I have images to explain and they have stories attached to them.

And then I thought how I also feel pretty lost for words generally recently... I realise I feel a bit numb to the world and at a loss for cares. I'm enjoying caring less, it's something I've always wanted to do since I was young. Which sounds totally bizarre for a kid to want - to want to care less. I've always been a caring person and I still care but about a lot less than I used to, if I shouldn't be caring about things I have no control over, then I stop caring about it and let it happen.

I've locked myself away in my own little universe and keep very few close by - even then I'm still most open with my blog, with myself just typing alone. And I  acknowledge that's probably not best to shut some people off or think about people without following through and dropping them a message and most of all ignoring the mess that is politics. But I'm blissfully ignorant and I'm okay with that.

Feeling "numb" is something I - and perhaps many others - associate with feeling sad or depression, but I'm not necessarily sad, just a bit much of nothing in particular. This might well be something I look into for my current photographic project, which I think I've mentioned is a book, wherein I'm using experimental photography to represent grief... How it makes me feel, how I live with it and bringing awareness to it - much like the Prince's have done recently by talking about Heads Together and their internal struggles after their dear old mom passed away. I'm not royalty but I can hashtag relate.

It's okay to feel numb sometimes I think, more so when you talk to people about it or have some from of release like I do by blogging. But when emotions come around, good or bad, let them in and feel them from head to toe and express them, through writing, art or speech. Take care :)


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts