My Travel Bucket List

06:24


Well hello there everyone I hope your Saturday is going well. Soon enough I have a few out-of-country trips planned, which I am very excited to go on as one is to one of my favourite places and two are countries I have never visited before - so do prepare yourselves for blog posts and pictures from these holidays. Although my summer holiday has been rather long, my holidays have come late in the year so I feel I've missed the chance to write about how best to pack for all you jet setters who have already settled back home ready for winter.

So, I decided rather than to advise you how to travel, but where to go to. Specifically where I desire to travel to of course but I find these places so beautiful, how could you not want to go there and see it for yourself! I have written before how I would love to travel far and wide and capture all the beauty in my camera, and although I'm not taking it with me for one holiday planned, I'm still eager to soak up all the wonder of new places. So here is my list of most desirable new places I want to visit in a somewhat decreasing order...


  1. Hawaii. I say all the time the top place I want to see is Hawaii, pretty much because of one of my most favourite films Lilo and Stitch which painted it in such a beautiful light and presented it's culture which I'd love to see and learn about for myself.
  2. East Africa. Since I can remember I have always adored Giraffes, so to see them in their natural habitat in the wild African Savannah would be such a treat I'd have the beaming smile like a small child at Disney.
  3. Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Brace yourself for the cliche... Since reading and watching The Fault In Our Stars the story resonates with me after it became the first full novel I read in a day, which interested my mom to read it and I felt connected to her having read the same story I have seen/heard how beautiful this capital is and would love to photograph it for myself, as well as visit the Anne Frank house and Van Gogh museum for a bit o' learning.
  4. Iceland. There was once an opportunity to go to Iceland for a school trip but the price put me off. However now I've discovered a passion for photography and with that, a deeper appreciation for beautiful things, I would absolutely love to see the Aurora Borealis - The Northern Lights.
  5. Greece. Like Amsterdam, I have heard and seen beautiful things about this pure white and vibrantly blue location and wish to see and photograph it for myself. There's no particular Greek island I'd like to visit as they're all as picturesque as the next, I'd sure need a wide angle lens to encompass all it's beauty.
  6. United States Of America. It's quite the aspiration and achievement if I manage to visit at least one country in each continent so of course America is here. Specifically I would love to see the famous San Francisco bridge and New York's Times Square at night.
  7. Rio De Janeiro. Mainly I'd like to go to Rio to venture to Pedra do Telegrafo for some crazy fun images - I definitely couldn't do this holiday alone though, it would take at least two of us to create this popular rock illusion. I would still like to see the rest of Rio and it's very carnival-esque culture but I do know there is a stark contrast between the rich and the poor there and I'd feel guilty for revelling in the beautiful areas while much of the population is left struggling.
It may not have every continent covered but I hope you like my list - do let me know where you'd definitely put on your travel bucket list or if you've been to any of the places I've mentioned and found some beautiful hidden gems that I or others might want to discover too.

I hope your summer holidays have been very fun for you all none the less, and the best of luck to those of you collecting exam results, beginning a new school/college/university or setting off into careers.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts