Story time #6 : Back to college

05:28


Hello! What a week I have had! First, Carrie favourited my tweet and then used it in her video!!!! OH MY GOD!! She's one of the very first people I subscribed to on my youtube channel, which I initially made 4 years ago just so I could subscribe and like and comment on peoples videos so I could show them I enjoyed what they made. And then, the official twitter for Mr Joe Sugg's graphic novel Username Evie retweeted my tweet!! And he runs that account himself! So of course that tweet got a lot of eyeball and favourites, I can't believe it! It's actually INSANE! Wow, my twitter is on fire. Do follow me there, @Bekloukat of course.

Anyway, other than those two absolutely incredible tales that I will surely tell my grandchildren at Christmas dinner from "The Magical List Of Totally Awesome Things Grandma Beky Did In Her Youth", I returned to sixth form college. My last year of school. Whaaaatttt?! I'm beginning to realise that what my parents and literally every adult ever has told me: "Time flies by so fast" and that old chestnut "school is the best years of your life".

The truth I'm now starting to see in the second saying is even scaring me a bit, because every year of school leading up to these last two have been horrible. With bullies, alienation, my best friend moving so so far away, 3 different counsellors and my mom passing away, I can safely say that my school experience has been rather shit. Until I got to sixth form where rules were a little more loose and I could stretch the borders and find myself, express myself and make myself. For sure the best part of sixth form has been finding the greatest friends I thought I could never have (and a cheeky 3 month visit from the best friend really made my year).

I shan't fill you with more soppy platonic love so I shall link you to this here friendship post which we all know and love.

School, or in my case sixth form really is showing to be the best years of my life. After summer I felt my life had lost some purpose and routine as I had nothing to do, day in and day out and I became really bored and fed up with it. But sixth form gives you something to do. It's bloody tedious and stressful but you have something to occupy your time with. And I have my friends which I get to see every day - and I love those guys. Although the business does have an affect on my time communicating with Gemma, but lets face it, absolutely nothing can separate us at the end of the day.

And now I'm lost again, my friends plan to stay another year to solidly secure their a levels as best they can or go off to uni but I've always been repelled by every kind of aspect of university and now I don't know where to go, all I know is that I want to take my camera with me.

Anyway - tell me about your best times at school, whether it was in nursery or university or at some point in the middle, let me know your favourite hilarious moment. I'm sure that will keep us all going until at least Tuesday. *shows bicep* Power on through Monday loved ones! We can do this.


Cheerio - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts