A Little Bit of Motivation

02:29


Hi hi! I hope you are all well and have had a pleasant week. This week I've been working hard setting myself the task of slowly but surely building up my portfolio, sharing what I feel is my best work over on PurplePort. As much as I want and need one I've made a pathetic job of looking for... a job or career in photography, I'm brilliant at ignoring my problems *rolls eyes* Besides me feeling like a bit of a let down in that area (and unnamed others), I have pushed myself to take baby steps towards the direction of launching myself into the horrible "real world".

I have found a scrap of motivation within this new, intriguing website to encourage me to publish my work on it and as a result not only making me build up a portfolio but also get my work seen by studios, photographers and models alike, which hopefully helps in getting more chance of work. The fact I know being a successful and financially stable photographer is much easier said than done and works out so very neatly and unrealistic in my head puts me off from trying from fear of rejection or failure, and so I'm clinging onto this growing online portfolio for dear life and praying somebody begs me to work with/for them. That would be the easiest and most idealistic route for a job aye.

My doubts about my future and career make me hesitant, but I know that I love being in the studio and perfecting my images to share. I want to do nothing else but  please people with my photography because photography makes me happy and I want to share that feeling. So in this slither of progress I place hope that each step will get bigger and better and one day I pray I can look back from where I dream to be.

And so I encourage you all, in whatever large or small task you have facing you, take baby steps towards the goal and hopefully one day you'll glance over your shoulder and see how far you've gone and how much you have achieved, and continue on taking strides with a smile. Even the smallest of achievements matter. Perhaps we can help each other with little bursts of motivation to cling on to during this rocky road, or share your own journeys to success for the rest of us to admire and believe that although we all have different paths, goals and difficulties, everyone in turn can overcome whatever rut they're in.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts