Happy Dave Day!

23:55


Hello Dave, how are you today?

Yes, your name is Dave now. And my name is Dave. On the 8th of February, everybody is Dave. Allow me to explain to you...

Dave Day was set up two years ago by Pancreatic Cancer UK supporter, Tom Kenning. When actor Roger Lloyd-Pack sadly died from pancreatic cancer, inspiration was taken from a character Roger famously played called Trigger from Only Fools and Horses. The scene in question [x] is when Rodney (Nicholas Lyndhurst) tells Trigger that his name isn't Dave, despite Trigger thinking it was so.

Since then, over £15,000 has been raised for Pancreatic Cancer UK on what would be Roger’s birthday each year as a tribute to him and helping those who fall victim to the same disease that took his life that we celebrate on this day.

As I'm sure you all know by now after I dyed my whole head of hair their signature colour for the Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, this charity is very close to my heart, and this event even more so as it is the day after my mothers birthday. As always I'm kitted out again to continue to support this charity, so please, share this blog post on Google +, Twitter or Instagram and show it to your friends - your fellow Daves should I say to help raise awareness. And donate if you can. Thank you.

I have "Call Everyone Dave Day #DaveDay" white tshirt in large tucked into my jeans and "Call Me Dave #DaveDay" grey hoodie in large with black inside in the hood and strings. Baggy but comfortable.

Here is a link to the website's list of ways you can get involved with Dave Day 2016.And another link to the donation page if you can spare a few pennies, I and the charity would be most grateful. I seem to be al linked out with this post don't I Dave? Well I shall love and leave you and I hope you don't have those pesky Monday blues and you have a fun day.



Cheerio Daves - Dave x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts