Snippets of Ragley Hall

02:28

Aloha my good readers how has your week been? As mentioned last week I have more photos to show you! As always... A few days ago my dad and I were invited to a picnic at Ragleh Hall with some family friends, usually I'm not interested in car shows or wandering around a massive home but I took my camera so I could make my own enjoyment out of it and perhaps appreciate these sorts of days out from the photographer's point of view.

I actually really like this one, it's simple but offers texture. I did try to see through it at the boat on the pond like a circular frame but the post holding the lifering up covered that perspective.
This was the boat that meandered around the pond, I hope these people didn't mind me taking snaps of them, it just adds to the scene.

This rustic camper van followed us in the long line to get in and I was glad I spotted it inside because it made an interesting texture filled photograph.

I once took a photo of some vespers in a line, looking through the cut out on each of them, a photo which my mom really liked so I tried to re-create it with her in mind. There weren't any vespers but I still tried to create a similar photo with motorbikes, it didn't work as well but I still like the close up of all the mechanical details.

I really like this car design, it's so classic. I seemed to take lots of snippets of detail shots.

The inside of the Catalina was very blue so I couldn't just walk past it without taking a snap of the interior.

This yellow car reminded me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I love the huge round lights as if they're the eyes of the car.

I like the statue on the hood, I have no clue the significance of it on the car I simply thought about interesting details and subjects to snap.

This was from the back of the Hall itself, which we ran out of time to walk around inside. I love the symmetry of it.

There really seems to be a theme, just close ups of intricate details that anybody else might have missed - oh the photographer in me is really starting to show!

I spent a long time in the gardens on my own, just snapping away and I quite enjoyed myself :)

I took this while looking up at the house while we all sat down for a Pimms or Gin and Tonic. (I had Pimms, was quite nice actually, now I see why my mom and Grandma enjoyed it so much on days like these) I liked this shot because it was a perspective I haven't really tried on buildings before, expect more like this in the future.

All day I was looking up and around, this light was underneath the steps to the Hall where there was a secret passageway to the café area and gardens.

I used the pillars of the Hall to frame the shot of the view and all the classic cars on the lawns. This was at the end of the day so it's not as full as when we arrived but I still love how colourful it is.

Again I looked up at the hidden pink ceiling of the porch way - the fanciest porch!

I took this shot because I liked the view, the side of the house frames it slightly. I think I'd like to go on a cheeky architecture shoot because I love the textures of some buildings.

And finally looking up at the front of the Hall. I would have liked to go inside the house to take some detail shots of the riches indoors, thinking about it now I probably would have taken the piss so maybe it was good we didn't get to go inside - ha.
 As ever, let me know your favourite shots from this "daycation" as mom would call it, and I hope you enjoyed this quick lil blog post today. Have a lovely week my friends...


Cheerio loved ones, Beky x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts