Start Of Something New

04:52


How many of you burst into song at the title? Well, I have finished my A Level exams and have prom next week and then I'm free, other than results day in August. For a short while in my early teens I really couldn't imagine myself getting this far, it still seems strange to wrap my head around - I'm no longer a student. School was quite the struggle for me and I hate how it was only in the last stretch I found the greatest friends that would get me through it, and I to them in return. I only hope it all pays off when I open the dreaded envelope and say goodbye to that place for the very last time.

The world is my oyster and I have no idea what to do. First I plan to tidy up the aftermath that A Levels have made to the dining room, which became my working space. Oh my oh my is it a mess in there! I really agree with the phrase "tidy house means a tidy mind" I just can't think with all the mess around. Then once we've recovered the room I shall start all over again and work hard on finding a decent job - with the help of my dad constantly pressuring me into something that's not "flipping burgers".

Dad keeps mentioning doing a photography course at another college which would be nice except I have waited all this time and struggled through the education system and I'm really not willing to step back in the second I get out. Whatever I do I'm definitely going to be focusing on my newfound passion. I only hope it doesn't stay too hard to find.

I also hope to be able to drive by the end of the year, or at least be pretty close to taking the test - the only other test I hope to ever take. And then once I am driving in my own car I can visit my friends in uni around the country, or drive the friends staying in Brum with me for a fun, mini squad day out. Perhaps I could even take them to a pretty location for an impromptu photoshoot for no reason at all - the campfire evening went well so I'd love to do more things with my friends and camera. Hey I could even take myself up to Tip Top for one of those lovely workshops.

I have quite ordinary goals for life, good job, a working car and hopefully a house of my own, although it would be quite exceptional to see my blog grow or my photography be appreciated by many. Never the less I'm welcoming this new beginning of adulthood and the "real world" with all these hopes I've listed, it's certainly going to have a slow start and I know I need to push myself for greatness early on but either way, I know I want that greatness.

And so I encourage you, if you're going to university or finishing it, looking for a job or leaving one, or even just leaving school heading for the unknown, you CAN achieve your life goals no matter how simple or extraordinary and you do deserve appreciation for any achievement. *cheers* go you!

Worry not, I shall update you if and when I have each new beginning I hoped for here, my blog isn't going anywhere ;)


Cheerio loved ones - Beky X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts