Dream a Little Dream...

07:03


Hello my good friends and how are you this rather sunny Saturday. I have been dreaming a lot lately, and by dream I mean that life you live in your sub-consciousness while lying down in a fortress of comfort when there is no blue in the sky. One time I thought about the whole concept of sleeping too much and now it seems insane. Like when you say a word over and over and its as if you've just made up the word. Think about it now for a moment... You dress yourself in special clothes just for this one activity and lie down on a platform padded with comfort and warmth, just to lie unconscious for hours. It's just a bit bloody bizarre isn't it?!

Anywho, yes, I have found myself waking up to my alarm, the loud noise stealing me away form this second life I was living. And when I turn off the irritating sound I get confused. Why was I in that place - that looked like three different places merged together, doing that thing with those people? Most times I tell my dreams to my best friend Gemma, but ALWAYS I type my most elaborate dreams that I remember the most into "notes" on my phone, to write up later in a notebook I own. I have a few to transfer to my notebook but it's strange how even after that morning as I'm rewriting the events of my dream, I can still picture it in my head.

Dreams fascinate me. What they mean and how they make you feel. And most of all how real and tangible they feel in the moment, but then you wake up and it's totally disappeared. Blows my mind! Sometimes I like to search what my dreams mean online to find out why the heck a volcano made an appearance for example. (turns out I was due an emotional "explosion" - I cried over college two days later so that was pretty accurate) I'd love a book about dreams, either explaining them or even a dream dictionary so I can search up the meanings of my dreams there, who doesn't love a book to hold?

I've had a few recurring dreams - and nightmares - in my life, which I find all the more odd because your sleeping mind takes you on the same adventures twice. I shan't go into my childhood nightmare as it still creeps me out to be honest, however one recurring motif of some dreams has been me, my mom, and aeroplanes/airports. We're either running around the airport looking for our flight or my dad and brother. Or actually sitting on the plane that's taking the strangest route, including going in between mountains and trees. Apparently airports signify birth (arrivals) and death (departures), I interpret this as the departure of my mother and the arrival of a new life without her. These air related dreams happened in the first year or so after she passed. I still don't like the D word

Anyway... I encourage you to write down your dreams. The ones you remember and think about all morning and the ones that are wild and elaborate and feel so real. Even short ones or random ones you can only remember snippets of, because it's interesting to read back on and have those images flooding back to you. Seeing the randomness of your thoughts and stories that you mind makes up for you like a movie for your sleeping self is amusing. I like to laugh at my subconscious logic, like when I took off the break of my car (which I don't have in real life) so it would crash down the hill and make a loud noise to distract the zombies from where we (myself, Coleman, Gilligan, Annie and Gemma) were walking through the forest. Or the casual swimming pool in the middle of an arena, which I had to wade through to get on stage and dance with All Time Low. I literally have no idea, but I find it so interesting what adventures your sub-conscious takes you on while you're in between days.

Cheerio loved ones, and sweet dreams - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts