15 Favourite Memories of 2015

09:37


I truly feel like 2015 has been my year... and I expect 2016 to be my year too, because I'm going to own it anyway and continue to grab my opportunities and make the most of those experiences so I can look back and only see all the great things as I do with 2015.

Always a lovely idea for new year - find a jar or something like it and every time something good happens, big or small, write it on a scrap piece of paper and put it in the jar. Then next new year, open it up and re-read all the amazing things that happened. I failed at this though but I still very much remember many good things that happened last year and I want to list them here for me to look back on. (not necessarily in chronological or best-to-not-so-best-but-I-still-love-it order)

  1. Meeting Joe Sugg twice - once with Caspar Lee there too and he said me and Joe match as we were both wearing Caspar's merchandise.
  2. Meeting Louise Pentland and Darcy! And I managed to tell her how her videos make me very happy then proceeded to happy cry all the way to the bus stop, then she favourited my tweet about crying.
  3. Seeing All Time Low live at Wembley with my brother. They are our shared favourite band and it was our first time seeing them and all the fun was had.
  4. Meeting Carrie Hope Fletcher with Eve, Annie and Chummy - where Careoke was born and she said hello to my vlog and we had banter, it was a lovely moment.
  5. Listening to my friends tell me why they appreciate me and how I inspire them with everything I have done and will continue to do despite my heartbreak of my mother's death.
  6. Having Gemma here with me in the first few weeks and filming my first sit down youtube video with her, which was a lot of fun. I'm glad we filmed our lols together to treasure forever and we can watch it back at any time, knowing that connection will never fade.
  7. Having the greatest and most rewarding work experience ever with Tip Top Photography! Not only have they become treasured friends but also inspirations for me and my photography dreams. Believing in my potential and highlighting it to me so I can believe in myself too, as well as supporting and teaching me SO much so I can improve with every photo.
  8. Donating blood for the first time and not having any problems with it (yes dad that was a very subtle mock of you - love you) And having my most successful blog post detailing my experience of it as it was shared on twitter by @GiveBloodNHS.
  9. Finding the pleasant hobby of blogging - like an online diary it helps me not bottle things up and share some young wisdom. With constant support from friends telling me they enjoyed my latest post and lots of views around the world (I swear I'm less addicted to checking my stats compared to when I first started).
  10. Having an enjoyable 18th birthday party, which I never expected. With dancing, friends, family and alcohol and having Steve and Debbie there taking beautiful photos from the night was an amazing gift.
  11. Dying my hair so purple that I raised over £700 pounds for Pancreatic Cancer UK and the lovely Hannah Michalak even shared the link to my just giving page (thank you Hannah).
  12. Passed all my AS Levels with two As and a B, I hope I can keep them just as good if not better when I complete my A Levels this year.
  13. Felt truly and deeply content and comfortable with my friends, the realest friends I have ever known. I never want a single one of them to leave my life, whether I don't get to see them every day because of different colleges or even different countries, or if I live and work close to them - I adore my best friends for making 2015 and my life a happier place for me.
  14. Went to London multiple times, the city of awe. With friends, my ever banterous media class and English - where friends were present too - also Benedict Cumberbatch, great actor.
  15. Began feeling comfortable in myself and the type of person I'm beginning to become. I still have a long way to go don't get me wrong but I'm getting there and Gemma reminds me this occasionally and says she is pleased I'm getting there. I wouldn't get very far at all without her support and love, she's my rock.
List all your greatest moment's of 2015 in a notebook or in a jar, share your most favourite with me in the comments - I'd love to hear your highs. And let's not forget that lovely Anne Frank quote, "don't think of all the misery, but all the beauty that remains." I love that quote, I think of it often. We can't completely forget all the big miseries, whether we try to or not. They become a part of our personality and shape us into who we are. But when you focus on all the beauty, things become great and you have more reason to smile. Smiles are happiness radiating out of your face, and it looks gorgeous on you!


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts