I have a LOT of love for my friends...

03:16


Aloha dear readers and how are you today. I woke up thinking it was still a school day and I was late, can you imagine my relief when I saw it was Saturday! Clue: Much relief, more sleep. Today I want to talk about my friends... Again. I know I've spoken about them a few times before but this blog is like an online diary and I want to thank a few people in my life.

Recently my best friend and I drifted apart for a bit. We still messaged each other but it was short and awkward but I didn't worry. This happens occasionally but I have faith in our friendship because one of us in time will mention how we've drifted or things feel a bit awkward and then our closeness is restored. Our friendship is one of a kind, like soul mates for best friends we don't even have to establish that the other person is like an ultimate best friend above everyone else because it's a given that doesn't need saying, I'm pretty sure our other friends have heard it from us enough.

We've known each other as long as we can remember, having play dates at each others houses or in the play ground. It saddens me that it took her moving house to another continent to make us become truly best friends forever but hey, you don't know what you've got until it's gone and you appreciate it all the much more from so far away. I really cherish that girl, and I only wish we could physically spend more time together as we did last year when she visited for the first time since she moved.

It makes me want to see my other best buddies more. Including a rather small and rather good friend of mine who left to go to a different college. We don't speak everyday (but I did get a drunk voicemail form her very early this morning) but when we do it's like nothing changed and we still love each other very much and have lots of fun. She's bonkers but that's part of why I love her. I've discussed with a friend before about how qualities of people, an outsider might find irritating but we all love about each other. I have a lot of love to give to my friends and I want to hug them and tell them but it seems we're all too busy laughing about that time I tried printing off a photo of the 500 Days Of Summer poster but it turned out to be 500 Days Of Obama to stop and appreciate each other.

I also feel like I'd be the only one getting sappy and making everyone cry and say "Oh Beky!" What can I say, the past few years have ben an emotional roller coaster and a lot has changed for me, and now I feel comfortable with a lot of my life, I want to stop and appreciate Gemma for her endless and somehow ever growing love. I want to thank Eve C for her koala-like love and her silliness that makes me laugh. I want to thank Eve G for her sense of humour that can make anyone's day brighter with smiles. I want to thank Annie and Niamh for (I hate to say it because I'm not ready yet but) for being mumsy in our group and looking after me if ever I need it and generally being a bit more sensible to keep us all in line.

I want to thank Emma for our endless deep conversations and private talks (private talk *salute*) as well as making me laugh. I want to thank Amy for also offering some hot goss and accompanying me on busses home most days which make me smile. I want to thank Louis (yes you pronounce the s) for being an example for me of chasing your dreams and being passionate about your hobbies. Also all the lols. And Ryan for being absolutely barmy and making me laugh too.

I'm knee deep in some love for my friends so I'm going to go ahead and thank some people I should take myself to see more often.... The Bates for being a safe house for me, although it makes me sneeze I feel content in their presence and their madness makes me smile. I want to thank Steve and Debbie, I know Debbie reads my posts - hello - and although I almost always forget to send them a message I think of my time with them and their friendliness towards me and I am so grateful for that life changing time.

My friends are very important to me and if somebody offended them I sure as hell would jump to defend their honour, I'm not even sure if I'd go in arms flailing or with my tongue sharp with words to give someone a right telling off in the style of my mother. Speaking of, my friends here have become my rocks since my favourite rock was taken away form me. They keep me sane, they keep me happy and they keep me going. I don't talk much about how I feel other than positive emotions but these guys take my troubles away. And I am forever grateful for them to be in my life.

My eyes are moist now so I shall stop before we all erupt into puddles of tears (of happiness). And as always a message to you dear readers, hold your friends close and tell them why you love them no matter how silly you may feel being all mushy for a second. Don't shy away from befriending your fave blogger over here too ;)


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts