Story Time #9 : I'm Bored

07:26


Firstly, a while ago I decided to stop categorising my blog posts because sometimes it's hard to title it with just one topic or any at all so in the new year I'll just give it a title and send the post on it's merry way. Although I may still let you know which ones will be photography posts.

My dad asked me the other day if I had a bit of a writers block because I posted another blog of photos - I mean I love photography but yes I've been kind of stuck for things to write about, but then I had the idea to write about the fact I have nothing to talk about. I noticed this week that I'm bored. I am grateful that I have been well educated unlike many poor souls out in the world and I turn up every day for my lessons and shut up and get on with it, as I have always done - unless I'm too unwell to stand or hold in my dinner obviously.

But quite frankly I'm bloody bored of it. Waking up early to groggily walk to a building full of people that annoy me (until recently with my new pals - they're the only thing that keep me sane, and Mrs Klerides my media teacher #TopBants) and then finally returning home and having to sit there and continue working - I don't enjoy it. And it's the main cause for my many mental breakdowns.

For the most part, school has never been tremendously enjoyable for me. It makes me want to hide in my shell and makes me feel underappreciated. It's a bit of a shit hole really. I respect that other people would die for this privileged I have but they can have my place if they so wish. I'm bored of this routine - I can't remember doing anything with my life other than school and the fun days out and holidays fitted in around it. I want to try something new. Get a job, learn to drive, drive to said job. Get my own place and decorate it just the way I want. Travel to new places with my camera and capture the beauty of the world I can't go and see yet because I'm stuck in this rut.

And you're ever so mistaken if you think I'm going to uni - at any point in life. I've said to people I'll take a gap year to think more about photography courses for the year after but really, I'm having a gap life to get hands on with photography and dive straight in. I need something new and more stimulating to wake up for in the morning.

It's driving me completely bonkers, I can't wait until my last exam is over! Yes I'll then have the almighty struggle of passing my driving tests but that's something I've always wanted to achieve so I don't mind that struggle. And the struggle of finding an employer that has some part in photography - my social anxiety and lack of conversation skills are a barrier I'm willing to nervously break in order to get myself an income off anything to do with photos - really, I'm prepared to even start at the bottom printing off someone else's photos before I get to conduct a photoshoot or sell prints of my own.

I want to one day be able to legitimately call myself a "photographer" (or even a blogger while we're at it) and I'm not waiting any longer to get started on that road - as much as 3 years at uni will probably help.

Please, if you have any advice on finding jobs, getting interviews or any suggestions of potential work places in Birmingham (be it like Max Spielmann prining shops, Jessops camera selling shops or a studio I really don't mind where I start as long as I get out of this school routine) do let me know in the comments below or on Twitter. Any tips would be much appreciated. Or you can start a conversation - are you bored of school routine too?

 
Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Labels

recent posts