Mother #2 : Making Her Proud.

08:48

 
Yesterday I met my dad at school for parents consultation evening, we collected my written report and went round to talk to my teachers. I'm not going to boast or suck up here but it was basically very positive and I just need to keep working hard on the exam material and revise to finish off the courses well and keep my grades high.

I thought back to previous consultation evenings where me and my parents sat in one room to speak to my personal tutor who I saw once a week and knew how I was getting on in all areas, we don't have that in sixth form anymore. I remember walking out the room and looking up at them, asking what they thought and my mom smiling at me and wrapping her arm around me and saying "I'm very proud of you, well done". I kept having to ask my dad after every teacher what he thought but he wrapped his arm around me and didn't say much. I admit that I would've felt better if he told me he was proud of men and I was doing well but never the less I felt my mom smiling and that was okay. We joked about Miranda and Stevie singing Heather Small's song "What have you done today to make you feel proud" and I thought that I felt proud and that was enough to make me smile.

I'm always trying to do things that would make my mom proud, thinking about big decisions and taking in to account what mom might want me to do or what she might say to help. I love the way mom looked when she was proud of me and I love to think about that when I feel like I've done well. It takes me a while to believe people when they tell me that "your mom would be so proud of you Beky" because I guess I'm just a little harsh on myself like that. When I think of everything I've done or tried to achieve this past year I feel like she would be proud of me, and that gives me the confidence to perceiver and continue doing what I enjoy and doing it well.

I'm curious about the future and excited to possibly fulfil my plans but I can wait. I used to always say "I can't wait until I'm older" but know I have grown up I know my mom was right in saying I shouldn't wish my life away because now I wish I was young again, where it was okay to laugh loudly in public and you had your mom there to laugh with you. I'm eager to try photography on a serious and professional level and decorate a home the way I would like it to look and drive around in a lovely car that I know the workings of. I know that can all wait in the future until the day I find myself there, and I know that when I do achieve these things my mom will be proud of me.

Though I would appreciate my dad and my brother showing pride for me more I can feel it from my mom and Gemma and that's enough because their belief in me and support gives me confidence to achieve more.

What have you done to make you feel proud recently? Big or small.


Cheerio my lovelies - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts