What's In My Camera Bag?

06:28

Welcome back folks, I hope you are all well. I have been looking for an aesthetic camera bag for some time now, for the key reason that I wanted something that looked like an ordinary bag out and about and the general public would be none the wiser that I had all my valuable items inside, and I wouldn't be prime suspect for mugging with a very obvious camera bag on my shoulder.


In the end I went for something I could get instantly from a shop (Jessops) - and the cheapest option too. This is a lovely Fox Talbot, canvas and brown leather bag, measuring at 27cm width, 12cm height and 18cm depth. It is small but what I have fits comfortably so it will do just fine as I don't plan on expanding my collection in the near future. I chose the mixture of fabrics because it just seemed like a beautiful combination, not to mention yellow being my favourite colour so it was a clear win.


Inside it's flaps gallore (don't be crude), which I actually like because it protects the contents from rain seepage and general bump-damage. The padded interior is removable so you can use it as a regular bag if you like it so much, which I may end up doing lets be real here.


Firstly there is a slightly padded and lushiously soft pouch inside, in which I am keeping my hard-drive,lens cleaning pen and water resistant memory card case - home to only two cards (with one in the camera itself) it's a little under used poor thing. But then I'd be drowning in cards I wouldn't know what to do with, so we shall make do until I become swamped with big shoots.


Delving into the main compartment (which comes with two padded dividers) I keep my camera sideways to allow me easy access to it - it's sat with the "handle" pointed up so I can grab and go, which wasn't the case with my previous camera bag. And then as you can possibly tell I keep both my lenses in the other half of the bag, the telephoto lens at the bottom and a divider on top for the little lens to sit on top of. As I said before it's a comfortable fit and with the mass of flaps (stop it) I don't worry this wee lens will go tumbling, although I do plan on making a sort of seat belt for it to be certain.


I have nothing in this back pocket, and I imagine it would have to be some sort of paper, hey even business cards as there's not much give. I'd say the small size of the bag is the only downside, but it does restrict me from trying to keep crap that I kept in my now old camera bag.


Other necessities I may smuggle along in my camera bag if that's the only bag I will take somewhere would be these: Phone, inhaler, hair bobble, eye drops (contact lens friendly, for when it's a long day), hand moisturiser and tissues. And now as I write, keys! - that says it all really doesn't it, I would as they say forget my own head if it wasn't attached. These are the things I take everywhere with me, an absolute must or else I will be distracted thinking about how I can recover from forgetting such items.

Some so called "recoveries" include seeing my grandparents until my dad finished work, collecting a mass of loo roll and napkins to store in my pockets and even finding a supermarket that I can "borrow" some already open moisturiser from.


I am yet to take this beauty out on a spin so I don't feel I can write a kind of review, but I have been walking it up and downstairs rather than simply taking my camera out of it and it's comfortable and seems sturdy. I'm in love with it and would definitely recommend, particularly as it's currently reduced which is even better. The man in front of me in the queue definitely agreed as he was buying one himself. Great minds and all that.

I hope you liked this post, I'd love to hear some feedback and also maybe even tell me what essentials you keep inside your bag, be it camera bag or handbag, and feel free to recommend some other camera bags you have yourselves for other readers or perhaps my larger future kit if they're much bigger than this one.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. please give me the best source for buy this bag
    thanks

    Camera Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends on where you live, as I'm from England my go to is Jessops. I'd say get it from the company itself if they have a store somewhere or online but I don't see what's wrong with the place you linked. I'm not very good at sourcing things to buy kit from to be honest I'm sorry I'm not much help I'm still inexperienced and don't have much kit myself :)

      Delete

Labels

recent posts