Lots of Thoughts and Feelings...

05:07


This sentence is heard and told a lot of times, probably so many that it's lost its punch, but it still applies to every one of us. Unfortunately, nobody is consistently happy, we all experience too many bad days so you are never alone in feeling a bit shitty. A phrase that doesn't help however is "somebody has it worse", it makes you feel guilty for whatever it is you're saddened or frustrated about, and then makes you sad for those going through a living hell. It's a crappy sentence because you wouldn't say it the other way around and tell a smiling person "hey, someone has it better" because it devalues their happiness just because someone around the world just won the lottery or something.

For me, the best thing to do is let people have their alone time for a little while but still stay with them if they want to speak up and share what's bothering them, perhaps do something you know they will enjoy to lift their mood and simply add to their pile of good memories. I usually never say what's on my mind unless I'm explicitly asked because I don't like burdening people with my thoughts when I know they have their own.

Instead I write blogs for both nobody and anyone to see. I have conversations in my head to try straighten out all the thoughts and organise myself, that's how I like to do things I guess, think it first then follow through. As I mentioned before I might start ye olde pen to paper diary/journal to somewhat share my feelings but keeping them close which I am in the habit of doing. But hey, while I am here lets share a few thoughts and feelings...

I feel lonely, because I feel my closeness with friends has diminished greatly after we went our separate ways and on some occasions I have seen them doing things together which I wasn't part of.
I feel like a parasite on my dads money, and although I rarely indulge I always feel bad for having new things. I plan to get myself a job very soon to get some of my own money so that he doesn't have to give me so much just to get me on the train to uni.
I feel dissatisfied with university because it has made me stress and I feel like I've barely made new friends or learnt about photography, and I'm not all that confident with what I've handed in because I still don't even know what I'm doing.
I feel worried about November and the large build up to my birthday and what people will do to celebrate as they do with any other birthday, but the magic is lost to me and I want to do nothing and simply have a regular day of private grief.
I feel guilty for not sharing my opinions and feelings with these people, but I am too unconfident and embarrassed to actually speak up.
I feel that my blogs, without photographs or me being in the right frame of mind, are superficial and not worth reading.

Share your thoughts and feelings to lighten the load, even if it only makes you think about it harder because then it helps you conceptualise and understand what's going on. It's okay to say these silly little thoughts because they bother you, because sometimes it can then be fixed or perhaps people will put less pressure on you about it, knowing you're not okay with it. Big or small, share your problems but only when you are comfortable to.

Take care loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts