Photography #2 : Hitting Balls.

06:30

There's a driving range not too far from where we live and my dad and my brother have a set of golf clubs that they share and they do enjoy hitting some balls off a roof. I have tried it before but I just got frustrated that I couldn't hit it hard enough or far enough, so when they planned to go down there and buy a basket full of balls I brought my camera along to see what I could capture. I'm not familiar with manual photography yet and haven't read the manual on my camera to see if there was a sports setting so the pictures I got aren't spectacular, plus we were facing the sun so it was hard to see what exactly was in focus.

 
I really love this photo. The slight tilt and blurred feet in the background makes it interesting.


I like how the brand of the clubs is our surname, it just amuses me. In PE I'd always clam things as mine because it literally had my name on it.


It was such a lovely day, I can't wait for more days like this where I don't have to worry about cold or rain to take my camera out.


I frequently made them pause mid-swing so I could get an arty shot. Sorry lads.


It took so many tries to get a decent action shot. You can see the ball here which I was so happy about capturing.
 
 
My brother handed his phone to me and asked me to take a snapchat video of him whacking a ball, he swung back and hit a lamppost which made a very loud echoey ring. I laughed so much but he was a little embarrassed as we weren't the only ones on the roof hitting balls. We all enjoyed ourselves in our own little ways so it was a nice relaxed day, the sun made it all the more pleasant. Though I do wish we ventured off somewhere else so I could take even more photos but I didn't have much battery on my camera - I always forget it needs charging - so it was easier to go back home rather than miss a good photo opportunity because of a dead camera, which really would have been annoying.
 
 
Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts