Attractiveness #1 : Face.

08:22

I think everyone can agree that in order to let others find you attractive, love you, and care about you, you yourself have to do those things first. Because if you can't appreciate yourself then how can you expct anybody else to? Even if it takes a while to find somebody to be friends or lovers with, it's good for your self esteem and confidence to strut around being happy with yourself. Although society and the media tells us this as well as shaming us and belittling us for anything and everything about our general appearance, we still need to persevere and keep at it - not just for the world to look over and see our growing self love shining from our faces but mainly for ourselves and our inner happiness and comfort in our own skin. Because let's face it, unless something awful happens and it's medically advised, it's the only skin you're going to get, so love it!

I think the biggest downer on our appearance is ourselves. Particularly when something fucks up and we have to wait for time to heal it back to normal. Meanwhile we walk around trying to subtly hide this new, temporary imperfection and pray that nobody points it out. There always seems to be that one acquaintance that says "what's wrong with your face?" Or "what's that?" Although we smile and explain it's a spot, rash, eczema or make up fail etc inside we die of embarrassment thinking "oh god it's worse than I thought. They've pointed it out, everyone heard, they all know. Why would you say that can't you pretend I'm invisible for a couple days before it goes away again." And our confidence which we've been trying to build on gets knocked down and we don't know when it's all clear to start rebuilding because we feel ugly. We wait until we look somewhat attractive again until we get out of the shadows and show our confidence, just to hide this pesky flaw with bad timing! At the same time there's a flek of us thankful that they pointed it out, flagging it up and making a mental note to get to the toilets ASAP to fix it or cover it up a bit better. 

Recently I had irritation and an eczema/rash flare up on my face because of what I guess is down to a new moisturiser I bought as my old one I borrowed from my mom was emptying. The sides of my nose, my cheek and a bit of my chin went red and skin was a little dry but I've had a history of eczema so I knew I had to keep it clean, moisturised and back away from make up, which is hard as I just wanted to hide it. It's started to calm down by itself even though my dad wanted me to see a doctor - he just thought the worst and was worried but I knew I could manage without the nerves and embarrassment of going to the doc. 

None the less, I'm trying to keep myself calm and tell myesf that it will soon be okay and I do have the option of medical help if my face doesn't return to it's smooth self. Already building the blocks of confidence up but holding them back so when I feel it's safe to stop hiding myself I can feel as cheery as I did before this unattractive mishap. 

We all learn from our mistakes, now I know to research the best skincare for my sensitive skin type and buy accordingly rather than picking something that said it was good. Just know that if ever you feel ugly, it won't last. As long as you keep on growing your self esteem and confidence your happy thoughts will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look pretty. 

Have you ever had anything like this happen? How did you deal with it? Or what gentle moisturisers do you use?

Cheerio my little beauties - Beky. 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts