Dreams and Goals #3 : Travel

11:50


I have always wanted to venture out into the world and see all the different ways the world works. Now I've gotten into photography and have my own camera I want to take it with me and take pictures of anything and everything. However I've become something of a home bird since my mom passed away. I've always wanted to stay close to home but now, I couldn't bear moving away too far from dad, especially when me and my brother both move out he will be on his own and I want to be there for him.

I try and let myself be more spontaneous and adventurous when outings come to light to get more used to stepping out of my comfort zone and experiencing different kinds of fun. I'm yet to get a full taste of true adventure that leaves me dying to quench the thirst of travelling all over. Just scarpering off to another city or even country, camera in hand, ready to see the beauty and fun of new places.

Perhaps a gap year to each continent isn't quite an option, I'm such a realist when it comes to finances and know that the complications of funding will prevent opportunities sometimes. But I think I'll just slowly work my way around. Planning holidays with friends who have much more wanderlust than I do seems like a more feasible option. I could take maybe one day out just to meander around and take photos, leaving the rest for the fun and games and sightseeing.

Me and my best friend Gemma often speak of travelling the world together, seeing a handful of places in each continent together. It does make me sad when she dreams big and wants to live in beautiful places with her other best friends but I trust that despite wherever she chooses her home to sit, we will someday meet at another airport and have our adventures throughout our life. Gives us something to look forward to each year aye?

Nevertheless, whatever I might see, I hope I'll be able to take some photos to go along with the adventures to help preserve the memories.

Tell me, where in the world would be top of your list of places to visit? I think Hawaii for me :)



Cheerio loved ones - Beky x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts