The City Of Lights

05:40

Bonjour good people I hope you are well. I know this should be the first of a few festive posts but not only do I have one last instalment of Paris photos to share with you but I'm also aggressively unfestive. I still have my Christmas shopping to do and decorate the house - but when I do I will have a last minutes Christmas blog next week for all you festive elves.


Now that you've seen Paris by day, the sun shall set and I have a few images of night time Paris, which was truly beautiful. Before going, I didn't know it was officially nicknamed the "city of lights" but it was very evident why as the city seemed to sparkle at night - quite literally in terms of the Eiffel Tower which actually had twinkling lights every night. Anyway, lets get to it and see all the loveliness of nighttime Paris...


The first night the three of us decided to venture onto the metro and see the Arc de Triomphe, which towered over us and we spent some time photographing it. I took to experimenting with angles and shutter speeds...


The street lights were very detailed and I experimented with it in the foreground using my cameras built in flash.


I like this shot because you can see the Arc, Eiffel Tower (which we concluded wasn't that far away and proceeded to walk to it) and the Moon, an image I first though had no composition but on reflection i think it shows the golden spiral so it's not to shabby after all.


I had taken all my lenses and decided I ought to use all of them at some point to make use of all the weight I was carrying each day, so I put on my telephoto lens to capture the detail of the Arc. I wish I had used this lens again when up Le Tower but it was simply just too cold and my fingers were beginning to turn numb.



I quite like this shot as it makes the Arc look very large with dramatic lighting from below.



I liked this building because of it's grand-ness and fancy gates, I later spotted a sign that said it was home to Abercrombie and Fitch, fancy!


I'm such a sucker for slow shutter speed photos. I stood here and waited for the lights to go green and the vehicles went into action so I could get this busy shot. The lights in the trees twinkled beautifully and you can see in the background the Eiffel Tower we were slowly slowly making our way to.


Over the road I found Brandon Woelfel's home (if you know you know) with fairy lights smothering the outer fence and bokeh everywhere, I couldn't not capture it!


This was in the restaurant we all went to as a full group, it was a very atmospheric place but they didn't half take their time to serve their expensive food...


There is definitely no reason in particular that I photographed this hotel on the way back from the restaurant... Absolutely not...



The candles at Notre Dame, which we all stopped and took a little moment to light one each, I practically threw my coins at the box to light one for my mom, which I photographed but they didn't come out too well, this is a different cluster of candles.


I loved the stained glass windows because they were so huge and colourful, in the foreground there is candles which sat on round sort of pyramids scattered around the cathedral.


I don't know what the window reads but I like the soft lights and reflections of this bakery window as we walked past it on the way to yet again, the Eiffel Tower.



Again with the mild obsession with the outdoor cafe/restaurant seating, I spotted this couple reading a map(?) and they kind of reminded me of my parents and it gave me mixed feelings but I liked how they seemed to be in their own little world together.

And that concluded Paris, I hope you have enjoyed the pictures, do let me know which ones were your favourite from each post and I will hopefully see you again next week with something more festive as I have a couple ideas in mind ;)


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts