I Saw All Time Low Again!

07:43

Hello there you beautiful human you, and how are you this fine day. Last Saturday I was rushed away to the Barclay Card Arena in the good ol' Brum town and was bestowed with my birthday gift of seeing All Time Low live. Again. How how my brother is so kind, I thank thee. Last time we saw those 4 talented fools we travelled all the way to my beloved London and saw them at Wembley - it was recorded for another live performance DVD however the world is still waiting for that.

Anywho, the day had finally arrived and my brother and I walked down the corner to the train station and trekked to the venue in the cold. There were queues left right and centre but when looking for the right entrance we had to queue outside we came across an official merchandise stand so we picked out one thing each because how can you not get merch, despite how annoyingly expensive it is.

I went for  grey jumper with a pink and white design, it's most comfortable but a bit thinner than your typical sweatshirt.

I sat through the two supporting acts with my coat still on and my brother's on my legs, I was in a tshirt and shorts with tights but I dressed for party and dancing so I only had myself to blame for the cold but I did soon warm up when ATL came on. And boy oh boy do those boys know how to put on a show. I didn't take many pictures knowing they wouldn't be that fantastic so every now and then at the change of the lights I whipped my phone out for a few seconds to press the button like crazy before putting it back in my pocket and jumping/screaming/singing along.

This was during the second support act: Good Charlotte. I enjoyed both support acts, which included Against The Current.

There was loads of fire and fireworks and of course Jack the guitarist played the first encore song in some lovely union jack boxer shorts, I mean what's an All Time Low gig without some mild Jack nudity - he's a crazy one we have leant to expect it. There was also one song - to be honest I can't remember which it's all become a bit of a blur, oh those post concert blues - in which Zack struck the bass so loud I thought my heart would actually implode and my lungs would collapse. And they played my favourite song (and then my brothers favourite straight after) which I loved and filmed. I was so surprised I had enough storage for all 4:14 minutes of video but I'm so so glad I did because that song gives me many emotions and now I have a live version of it. Although I didn't risk capturing Alex's speech before beginning the song in fear I'd run out of storage, it really warmed my heart and made me smile for a long while.


The in between song banter was brilliant, it made me feel so much closer to them as if we weren't in a vast spacious room filled with hundreds of people, it felt small and like a little friendly gathering. I always enjoy watching the four of them share banter together but to have a slice of it shared with us and a crowd is delightful. It would only have been better if Rian the drummer had a mic too so he could do more than nod or shake his head to Alex's yes or no questions, including him in said on-stage banter.


My favourite thing about concerts is when the music slows down and the intimacy of the whole event is at it's peak and everyone's torches go up and slowly wave from left to right, not necessarily in sync but that makes the atmosphere all the more amazing. For me as part of the crowd it's breathtaking, I can only imagine what it's like for the band to see a whole room in front of them scattered with lights like fireflies.

I massively enjoyed the show and I can't wait until the next one, which I ever so much hope there is. Maybe next time I will have my own income so my brother won't end up poor from treating two people. On our way home from the train station (and yes I napped on the train home, I had a bit of an excitement crash) my brother Alex said "best birthday present then" and I said "well, Ryan did pay for the Joe and Caspar meet and greet because he wanted to get me the DVD anyway." To which he replied "fucks sake." It's a very close call but I'm very grateful for all birthday presents I received, I didn't expect to enjoy my 18th birthday celebrations at all but I have - thank you to everybody who made me smile, including the All Time Low boys.


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts