Project 52: February

07:06

Hello good people, I hope your February went well. I've had a fair few ups and downs but what can you do but power on through with it? Nevertheless here is February, a little different to January there are a couple photographic projects that I have included as the week was pretty much based around planning and shooting that...


Week one, I took myself into a new environment which was both scary and exciting, I blogged the series that week so you can see it all here [x]. I was and still am very pleased with these images and last week I showed them to my tutor at the work check and he was very impressed - especially as it was my first attempt at this kind of thing. His complements and encouragement has certainly boosted my confidence and I would definitely do this sort of thing again.


Week two and I had my first ever roll of film developed after having a workshop in the darkroom the same week. I didn't develop it myself but I was still very excited with the results and knowing how it was all done. I bought two more rolls of film to use and I'm very excited to hand print them now that I know how - I just haven't found the time!


Week three and it was reading week at uni, so I took out a bunch of library books and have continued to visit the library in search of resources. I even managed to read two photography books I bought last year and they were amazing - I later went out to buy the third in the series and I think I might do a book review they were just SO good! I have always enjoyed reading but my favourites are fiction novels so it was very different to read so many factual and picture books. But it was inspiring nonetheless.


Week four and I began planning a lot of shoots for my course and managed to get one done and again I was pleased with the results. I followed my chummy around for the day to get A Day In The Life Of Amy Bates - or as I'm calling it for arty purposes: "The Identity Of A Modern Woman". I have been struggling with a couple of the other shoots and that's a downer on my creativity but hopefully it shall all work out in the end.

And that has been February! Not much happens in my quiet life but I'm definitely getting more and more into photography and loving it so summing up my weeks is interesting as I'm normally documenting somebody else's life - this month you can see both sides to that. I think so far I prefer January, to be honest I was better at remembering to do it last month and it was a little more personal.

What exciting things did you get up to this February?


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts