Read This If You Want A Book Review

04:48


Hey hey good people, I hope you are well! Last week I mentioned I read a few good photography books - this series by Henry Carroll being my favourite and I'm about to tell you why...


I got the first book some point last year but never got round to reading it, until reading week came in uni when could there be a better time to begin reading. It's quite grubby from being carried around many places with the intention of reading it, and it was much better than expected and sucked me right in - I quickly read the second and third instalments after loving this helpful book so much.


As you can see, I have added many tabs on my favourite pages. The first book contains many basic tips and tricks to get you started, and although I had learnt much of this at work experience and uni, the easy reading of Carroll's book was worth tabbing for extra easy understanding.


I think my favourite book from the trio is "Read This If You Want To Take Great Photographs Of People" because my favourite subject of photography is portraiture, so that's probably why it was most interesting to me. Again the second book has many technical advice for taking a beautiful portrait, including the use of colour and light, or lack thereof.



The layout and design of each book is consistent and so easily laid out it makes it a joy to read. Each page with a photographers work for an example of what Carroll is discussing and gives a very visual guide to photography - the best kind of guide for such a subject. Carroll's phrasing is very understandable and at times resonating, his written content alongside the works of many great photographers is inspiring from page to page.



I wondered which colour the third book would be after the first two were monochrome, my guess was white but the brown cover actually goes fairly well with my room decoration so I was pleasantly surprised and excited to have the final edition from such a great book both aesthetically and factually.


I truly highly recommend each of these books to anyone even vaguely interested in photography as it is very encouraging and helpful - simply worded even the amateur will understand how to take great photographs by the end of the book. I have even dropped a blatant hint to my brother about my interest in the journal that exists alongside this trio of information where you are encouraged to take photos of certain things and stick it into the book - a guided scrapbook if you will.


I cannot think of any faults for these books - buy buy buy - you won't regret it! [www.henrycarroll.co.uk/books

Read my last book review [here] I wish I had more time to read, I do love it - and of course I encourage you to read more books too, but hey if you read blogs that's fine too ;)


Cheerio loved ones - Beky x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts