Dreams and Goals #6 : Dear Past Self

15:20


HOW DO! (Again with the shouty greeting - it's a pleasant shout, like a friend saying hi from across the road) My goal in life is to look back and tell myself "you did it." I think that's anybody's goal in life. To be somewhere they wanted to be. At the moment I often dos little things for future me like tidying my bed and laying out pyjamas so I can easily and quickly get into bed after another long day. 

I encourage you to do things like this too. Be it pushing yourself for another hour to get more work done so there's less to do tomorrow. Or treating yourself and having that hour to relax and recover some clear headspace so you're ready for what tomorrow holds. 

My favourite is having a bed ready to melt into in the evening. And when I'm making it bedtime ready in the morning I say "future me will be grateful for this" and she is! Even if I have to hurry down the road to the bus stop because I've used up a couple minutes to sort out my bed.  Future me will always snuggle up and sigh "ah thanks past me."

Recently I've been thing about my past self. Be it wanting to tell her not to get those layers so that I can braid my hair without half of it falling out (trying to embrace the messy braid look though - presenting that's what I was going for) or wondering how big her scoff and denial would be when someone told her in the future her hair would be purple! [ http://bekloukat.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/story-time-7-my-hair-is-purple.html?m=1 ]

Past me imagined teenagehood to be easy - puberty making her beautiful with a pretty fashion sense when in reality she's still weird and always wanting more flannel shirts and pullover hoodies (such comfort). And I bet a million pounds she figured when she lost track of what she wanted to do with her life her mom would be at hand and all would be put right. How wrong and saddened past me would be if she knew the truth. 

What would you tell your past self first out of the mass of things you'd warn them about or advise them to do, what would you say first? Or would you say nothing and leave yourself to learn as you already have. Maybe even just say "hi kid" to mess with yourself until you look in the mirror as future you again and realise "it was me, I said hi to myself all those years ago." - that would actually be quite funny. 

But seeing as the past is unchangeable - maybe we can take note of today's photo. Do something, as small as it may be as a gift to your future self. I'm all for worldwide kindness and peace but hey, gotta include yourself in that too once in a while. 

Take care loved ones, cheerio - Beky X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels

recent posts